Friday, November 13, 2015

It happened in 1992

This image takes me back in time to 1992 when was in class 9th and took a fancy to a 12th class girl. I was contemplating about how to "propose"a senior that she got a whiff of it and told her aunt about it who was her local guardian.I had not even proposed her that her aunt jumped the gun and came to the school to "meet me" and "have a word with me". Thankfully, I was absent that day and she met the girl's class teacher who dismissed all her apprehensions saying that Pranav is such a " seedha-sadha" boy.."has been a class prefect for 3 years"...how can he even dream of proposing his senior. She sent her back home fully assured that she has never seen Pranav talking to that girl and she will make sure he doesn't.(God saved me really that day) The next day i was summoned to the staff room in between a bio class. And i could sense that teacher's discomfort about asking me about my adventures in my private life as i was one of her favourite students. She did ask me indirectly about the whole episode and like a "good boy" i feigned " complete innocence" adding that " I am not into all-this." Not been "seen" with the girl worked in my favour and all teachers in the staff room believed, i was "innocent" and it must be some other guy not pranav. In those days proposing your school senior was a cardinal sin at least in our "west-delhi" school and I was let off and the whole incident labelled as just another "rumour" and her aunt labelled "over-possessive." For the next one week, i didn't even say a "Hi" to any girl of her section who were quite used to my attention. They sensed something wrong and found out about her "aunty's misadventure". So they decided to patch-up a truce as women in any country,any geography cannot survive without male attention for long. They wanted me back during lunch-time and my sugar coated compliments. But this time I was careful.For the next three years, i made sure i spent time with girls in areas away from the senior section, the canteen, book-shop, junior's ground and retained my " seedha-sadha" image till i passed out in 1996.But when i stepped in college, i again fell in love on day one with my senior and that streak continued as I dropped the age-barrier and never stopped short later in life when it came to asking out seniors, bosses, employers, clients and losing them all until i realized " some-things never change and some men also never change".There is a saying in Hindi "Poot ke paon paalne mein hi nazar aa jaate hain" which means you can figure out how your kid is going to turn up right when he is only an infant. The photograph on the right quite rightly sums up what this piece is all about. The girl in question, I presume got married to an army-man and has two 15-year old sons. I sent her a friend -request on facebook after 23 years which she didn't accept and i still don't know why? Some women also, (i think), never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment